Sunday 15 July 2018

This weeks shooting 9/7/18

Shooting Roundup 



This week I have been to 3 different places shooting, Nuthampstead shooting ground, lakeside sporting and doveridge shooting clays. At Nuthampstead I did a talent pathway shooting for OT, I shot dtl and they checked my gun fit, I also met Aaron Heading, the world number 1 Olympic trap champion, a few months ago I said that I wanted to shoot DTL (down the line) for Leicestershire and then for England, my mum later found and article of Aaron Heading saying nearly the exact same thing when he was 13 years old he is now 30, so who knows what will happen in 16 years time. I shot OT but it was new to me so I fount it tricky, I’m going to hopefully have a couple of lessons on Olympic trap  in the future.

             

After that we went to lakeside sporting  for a joint lesson, I asked to go even after a busy and tiring day of shooting, it’s was only the girls this week,  so much more fun, we shot part of skeet then did some rabbits and teals, then a going away target and an incomer.


 Finally we went to Doveridge Premier Guns , to look at a Miruko with a gracoil system on the stock,
I didn’t like it, it made the gun feel bouncy. One of the things they said at Nuthampstead was I need to keep my gun mount consistent and lower in my shoulder, my Mum brought my a Beretta gel insert for my skeet vest so I can feel where the gun mounts easier. I think this will really help me in my shooting.  I shot the skeet and DTL and then did some ESP. It was a very good but hot week. I’m going to practice dry mounting my gun to help with gun mount. I also want a few lessons on skeet, because I think it will help me with sporting.


I enjoy my shooting a lot and it’s me constantly asking my mum “where are we going next?”, its not my mum pushing me. She supports me it trying to achieve what I want 

2 comments:

  1. Proud of you Lizzie. You are my biggest inspiration. I love you to the moon and back

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lizzie don’t change. Just keep enjoying your shooting. Talent will out.

    ReplyDelete

CPSA Advanced Sporting Course

Today Monday 7th January I attended the Cpsa shotgun Skills Advanced sporting course held it Garlands and Run by Paul Dancer  from Paul Dan...