Monday 7 January 2019

CPSA Advanced Sporting Course

Today Monday 7th January I attended the Cpsa shotgun Skills Advanced sporting course held it Garlands and Run by Paul Dancer from Paul Dancer Clay Shooting Coach.  I get on really well with Paul, he’s a really good coach, he understands my specific needs, I’m grateful he puts on these courses  for me as one to one, as he understands that I can learn better on my own without lots of new people around to cope with and a lots of distractions. Paul understands I am concentrating even when I appear to fiddle and fidget.


Today’s course focussed on  different methods of shooting a clay and the ways I would approach different targets, these included Spot Method, maintained lead, cut off, cpsa method and controlled swing through.  We also did a lot of  work gun down, I like this for sporting, it helped me to take my brain out of it and shoot it dynamically,  rather than over checking which is what I normally do. It helped to realise that I didn’t need to do quite so much work, my gun didn’t need to be so ‘down’. 


We tackled a variety of clays. Pairs on report, simultaneous, following (rafale)and full use of the gun.   I had  to shoot different targets ranging from springing teal. Falling teal, going away overhead, quartering away, looper rabbit, and many more.  Using the different methods I was using learning today.  My favourite method was maintained lead and spot but I will try to use all of them when doing my sporting.




I took my trap gun (which I didn’t shoot) and  also my dads Caesar Guerini, I decided to use this for the course, it fits me  very well and becasue I wanted to use it for beaters day I thought a good time to practice with it. We refer to it as the canon because it has 32” barrels. I’m definitely going to use it next time I go to Grange Farm. 

Overall I had a very enjoyable day. I would recommend doing the course to anyone. I think Paul is an Amazing coach, he teaches in a way I find easy to understand, makes it fun and I feel I’m making progress with every lesson.  






Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CPSA Advanced Sporting Course

Today Monday 7th January I attended the Cpsa shotgun Skills Advanced sporting course held it Garlands and Run by Paul Dancer  from Paul Dan...